American Universities welcome international students who have met their selection criteria. American Universities are definitely melting pots of diverse cultures, with the spectrum spread over more than 60 countries. At present there are almost 6,00,000 international students studying in different universities in U.S apart from about 50,000 Indian students. American degrees are highly regarded world over and give a cutting edge advantage to an individual while applying for a job.
- The total annual expenses i.e. fees, books, boarding and lodging will vary from $15,000 to $40,000 (Rs.6 to 20lakhs) depending upon the universities. Most of the students get to U.S with just enough money to last a semester i.e. about $10000 (5 lakhs) in hand. In addition there is financial support available in the form of assistant ships (both research and teaching), tuition waivers and it is possible to work on campus.
- Students are permitted to work 20 hours per week on-campus during the first years of study. In the second year students are allowed to take part-time jobs or co-op/internships off campus to fulfil academic or financial require ments. The on campus jobs do not pay much and certainly not enough to finance a university education. This kind of jobs can only be a supplement to other funds. Along with the acceptability and recognition of education, USA also offers the best in terms of future job prospects and immigration possibilities after studies. All students are entitled to stay back and work for one year period in USA under OPT (Optional Professional Training). Majority of the students are successful in finding a suitable placement and secure H1B (Job Visa) during the period.
- A number of housing options are available in the United States of America for the international students matching to their budget. One can opt on-campus or off-campus accommodation conveniently located near the university or school. Normally accommodation is expensive in USA It may take up 1/3rd of 1/4th of the total cost of living expenses.
- On-campus Stay Options: The Schools and Universities which offer accommodation for international students will be on-campus, or near the chool's classrooms, ibraries and other facilities. They provide "Dormitories", buildings with many rooms for sleeping and living, often with two or three people (of the same gender) per room.
- Off-campus Stay Options: An off-campus housing office will help you with information if your School/university doesn't offer accommodation for international students. They assist to find an appropriate place to live providing information about local neighbourhoods, including popular restaurants, shopping areas, parks and recreation, and public transportation.
Courses & Universities :
- There are about 3500 universities in USA that offer the widest choice of over 1000 courses from any field under the sun. 90% of world's Nobel Laureates teach in US Universities. We carrythespace with you.